Tuesday 15 April 2014

Evening skincare!

Hi!

So this post (as you can probably tell from the title!) is going to be about my evening skin care routine, however this is from a day on which I wasn't wearing makeup so it differs slightly from what I would use if I was wearing makeup, the only differences are that I would use Simple's eye make up remover and Garnier Micellar water to remove my make up prroperly.


(Simple's kind to skin purifying cleanser; Simple's kind to skin soothing facial toner; Simple's kind to skin hydrating moisturiser; Along Came Betty's clearly perfect: skin tone correcter; PS Love's cotton pads)

My skin is dry/combination and so I try and keep it quite hydrated, it is also rather sensitive which is why I tend to stick to Simple, because I know it works for me.  I also have quite red skin which is why I use a skin tone corrector, however this is a new product I have only been using the past week or so and so I have not tried it for long enough to be able to say it definitely works, so far so good though!

If I am wearing makeup then I will remove this first, however as I said before I was bare-faced on this day.  

I start by cleansing my skin by squirting a bit of cleanser on two cotton pads and applying to my face in circular upwards motions, and then repeat this step with toner.
I then apply a couple of pumps of the skin tone corrector to my fingers and smooth it in to my face and neck, waiting a few minutes for it to sink in and absorb properly.  It is after the skin tone corrector has absorbed that I apply some moisturiser to my fingers and then smooth that in to my face.  Easy!  I usually finish by putting on some lipbalm/salve, at the moment this tends to be Carmex.

I'm quite lucky that I rarely break out in spots or oil and just tend to get quite dry patches around my nose, mouth and hair line and so I've only ever used quite basic skin care products.
What do you guys use?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com