Monday 24 November 2014

Winter Skin Care Routine (Evening).

Hiya!!

With the changing weather, skin conditions change too, and with changing skin conditions, comes changing skin care!

I have dry, sometimes flaky skin, and also have Psoriasis.  In the Winter, my skin like other peoples' gets drier and so I change my skin care a bit to try and make it more moisturised and soft!



So, first of all I start with face wipes, I don't have any particular favourite when it comes to these, I just pick up whatever, at the moment I am using Primark's PS. Love Your Skin wipes for sensitive skin.  I try to take most of my make up off with these.

I then cleanse using The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter.  I love this stuff, I think I bought it after Amelia from LianaBeauty and Gabby from Velvet Gh0st recommended it.  This is my second tin of it, and I don't re-purchase things often (actually thinking about it, nearly all of my repurchases are Body Shop).  I rub this together in my hands and then rub it in circular movements all over my face and rinse it off with hot water.  Now I know that all of my makeup is off and my skin is cleansed.

After cleansing I would either go straight to moisturising, or applying a face mask, which I do around 2 times a week.  I use The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3 in 1 Scrub Mask when I want to use a face mask.  This is for normal/dry skin.  I apply it wherever my skin gets dry and flaky, which is mainly my nose, forehead and around my mouth.  I leave this on for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with with warm water.  I will normally apply a lip butter at this time as well, at the moment I am using The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit one.

(I know this seems a little bit Body Shop heavy, but this is just because these are my favourite skin care products at the moment.  I bought these products with my own money, and the opinions on these products are my own).

Finally, I moisturise with Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream, which is a nice, affordable product which I have used on and off since I was a teenager.

And that is my skin care routine!  My skin definitely feels less dehydrated and tight now that I have started this routine, and it is nice and soft too!

Ciao for now x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com