Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Liebster Awards

 Hiya!
So before I went away to visit my grandparents in Devon for the weekend (where I did far too much shopping!) The lovely Steph from http://urbantherapy1.blogspot.co.uk/ nominated me for a Liebster award!!

Now, my understanding of this is that the person who is nominated answers some questions set by the person who nominated them.  And then they come up with their own questions and nominate other bloggers.  Kind of like pass the parcel?? And it is for blogs who have under 200 followers, in order to "discover new blogs" as  it says on the slogan!  These are the questions that Steph asked and my answers!

1. Who is your style icon?
Hmm.. Probably Christina Hendricks in Mad Men, not that I dress like this, due to not having the confidence to be so obviously vintagely styled! But I just think the clothes are beautiful and that she looks amaaazing in them.  I also love the fact that she is curvier and an obvious sex symbol!

2. If you could only use 3 make-up products for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Ooh probably Clinique's BB Cream, this is just the perfect amount of coverage for me, and I find it quite buildable too! L'oreal's Miss Manga mascara, it just opens up my eyes and makes them look less piggy, which for me is a must! And finally, MAC's eybrows pencil in the shade Lingering, for me eybrows are one of the most important things and I find this is a product that works really well!

3. What are your handbag essentials?
Whichever lipstick/gloss I am wearing that day, my purse and my phone!

4. What is your summer nail colour?
To be honest I don't really have one! I bite my nails so don't paint them too often unfortunately.

5.  What is your favourite fashion era?
The 40s/50s, I think that this is such a smart, stylish period in time!

6. Who is your favourite celebirty?
I don't have one really!

7. Who is your celebrity crush?
Jesse Palvelka!

8. Who is your favourite blogger?
Probably Estee from Essiebutton!

9. Why did you start your blog?
Because I love makeup and just wanted to do something with it really! And it gives me a break from quite a demanding university course and job!

10. If you could give any advice to someone wanting to start a blog, what would it be?
Just do it!

11. Sum yourself up in 3 words
Indecisive, determined and fidgety (haha).

So that is it for my questions!! The people I am nominating are:
Tangible Treasures
Girl Uninterpreted
Straight on till morning
The Curvy Diaries

I think most of these girls have already been nominated by other people so have already got posts up! Unfortunately I don't follow many lesser known blogs due to being new the the "blogosphere" and as I think they have already been nominated by different people I' not going to set them questions! But definitely go check them out!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination Clea! Your blog is great, I definitely need to try out the Miss Manga mascara if you're really loving it xx

    www.TangibleTreasures.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! Haha thanks! As is yours! Yeah it's great, I definitely recommend it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com