Tuesday 18 November 2014

Face of the Day: Fast No Fuss Makeup.

Hello!

Today's post is my go to makeup for when I'm short of time, or only want to wear a minimal makeup look.  This can be for something like just popping to the shop or a day where I don't want too much on my face.  Today I'm going to the gym, and this is the type of makeup I would wear to the gym, or an exercise class.  I know a lot of people wouldn't bother with wearing makeup to the gym, however, I feel better when I wear makeup, and as I am bigger than average I find it hard to exercise in pubic because I feel like people would be judging me, although logically I know that this is not the case and is down to my own insecurity, makeup helps to give me the confidence I feel like I need to go to the gym.


(MAC Fix Plus; Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin in 225 Buff Beige; MAC Studio Fix powder in NC20; ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer shade unknown; MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose; Soap and Glory Archery in Blondeshell; Bourjois Une Seconde Volume waterproof mascara; Essence XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss in 4 I love pink; NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk; and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01).

So, I started by moisturising my skin with Nivea Soft as always.  I then applied a thin layer of Cover Girl's foundation using my fingers.  I haven't used this foundation in a while and fancied pulling it out again, using it made me remember that I did really like it and so may be using it a bit more often again.  I then concealed my under eye bags with MAC's prep and prime in Radiant Rose, I love this, it's nice and highlighting and natural.  I used Collection's concealer to hide any pesky blemishes.

Whilst letting my foundation and concealer set in I filled in my eyebrows a bit, I didn't overly define them today, just filled in where they were a bit sparse.

After eyebrows I go back to my face.  This involves powdering my TZone and applying a bit of blush to the backs of the apples of my cheeks.  Although it didn't really show up on camera, the blush I used from Elf is actually a very pigmented light shimmery pink, and so I dust some off on to the backs of my hand before I apply it to my face.  I then spray so MAC Fix Plus all over my face.


For my eyes I just apply Milk all over the lid and onto the inner corner and blend it out for a bright eyed and bushy tailed look.  I then applied a couple pf coats of mascara to my top lashes only, I didn't apply any on my bottom lashes because I wanted my eyes to look more open and not closed in.

I finished by applying some lipgloss, which just has a light pink tint really, but definitely finishes the look in my opinion.


As you can see, this is quite a minimal natural look, which for me is perfect because it is just put together enough and took about 10 minutes in total, bare in mind it took 10 minutes whilst I was drinking coffee and watching YouTube and so would probably only take about 5 minutes in a rush!

Ciao for now x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com