Monday 11 August 2014

Face of the Day: Night Shift.

Helllooo Everybody!

If like me you work/study any kind of healthcare position, or just have to work unsociable hours, then I am sure you are no stranger to night shifts!!
Now, I know a lot of people don't see the point in wearing makeup on a night shift, however, I don't drive and so have to get at least 2 buses to get home, and let's be honest, I just like to have something on my skin so it doesn't feel so tight and dry all the time.
The main focus of my makeup for a night shift is my skin, this is because my eyes get easily irritated if I am tired, and I have quite dry dehydrated skin, that tends to make me look a bit like I've crawled out of a week old grave.

(Rimmel Wake me up Foundation; Nivea hydration primer; Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer; Soap and Glory Solar Powder; Benefit That Gal Primer; Calvin Klein cream eyeshadow in Sweet Nectar; Naked Basics palette used shade Naked 2; Miss Sporty Just Clear mascara; MAC Studio Fix powder; MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter; Benefit Dandelion Blush; MAC Sunny Seoul; and Revlon Bellini).

I started off by moisturising and priming my skin, really priming it, because when using the Wake me up foundation I find it clings to dry patches if I don't. I then used the salmon side of the Soap and Glory concealer on my dark circles, and the yellow toned side on any blemishes and red bits.  After concealing I applied foundation, I used a Primark beauty blender-esque sponge for this, I really like the fresh dewy effect it gives, it really does "wake me up" (... cringe...).  I set my T-zone with my Studio fix and bronzed my skin with Solar Powder, and applied Dandelion to the apples of my cheeks.  This gives a really pretty, natural flush.
I then used Naked 2 on an Ecotools angled brush to fill in any sparse bits of my eyebrows and set them with clear mascara.  
I smudged some of Sweet Nectar on my eye lids and then blended it out into my crease with a fluffy ELF brush, then applied a small amount under my lower lashes.  I curled my lashes and applied a bit of clear mascara.  Like I said, my eyes get irritated when I'm tired, so I only use clear mascara when I'm on nights.
For my lips I used a small amount of Sunny Seoul and topped it off with Revlon's lip gloss in Bellini.
Finally I sprayed Urban Decay's All Nighter spray to set my makeup.



 I really like how this looks, I think it makes me look fresh faced and awake, which is what I need on a night shift!!

Ciao for now


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com